Aetna’s announcement March 18, 2020
Dear Valued Partner:
We share the same goal: to help people get and stay healthy. We are your partners in health care, and act to serve you and the millions of patients who rely on us for their health care needs.
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, CVS Health and Aetna are here to support you with timely answers and information. Through CVS Health and Aetna’s combined resources and your partnership, we can best support your Aetna patients’ health and well-being, ensure their access to medication and remove barriers to care.
We’re here to help you, help your patients and recently announced these resources and enhancements when applicable:
- If you request testing related to COVID-19, we’ll waive your Aetna patient’s cost sharing.
- Aetna Commercial patients pay $0 for covered telemedicine visits until June 4, 2020.
- Until further notice, Aetna is also expanding coverage of telemedicine visits to its Aetna Medicare members, so they can receive the care they need from you without leaving their homes. With this change and new flexibilities announced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to help combat the virus, Aetna Medicare members can now see their providers virtually via telephone or video.
- Aetna is offering its Medicare Advantage brief virtual check-in and remote evaluation benefits to all Aetna Commercial members and waiving the co-pay.
- Patients won’t have to pay a fee for home delivery of prescription medications from CVS Pharmacy®.
- Aetna is extending its Medicare Advantage virtual evaluation and monitoring visit benefit to all Aetna members as a fully-covered benefit.
- We’re waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications for all Commercial members with pharmacy benefits administered through CVS Caremark.
- Aetna Medicare members may request early refills on 90-day prescription maintenance medications at retail or mail pharmacies if needed. For drugs on a specialty tier, we’re waiving early refill limits for a 30-day supply.
Please contact Aetna directly if you have any questions about this announcement.